May is Body Positivity Month here at Outspeak and we’re going to be celebrating bodies of all shapes and sizes, and exploring our complicated relationships with them.
Over the course of the month, Outspeak will cover topics such as illness and disability, fitness, body dysmorphia and eating disorders, self-expression through physical means, media representation, and misconceptions about bodies. There’s a lot to talk about when it comes to our flesh vessels, so let’s get this conversation going.
Your video has the opportunity to be featured on Huffington Post’s massive social media pages, on Outspeak social media, and you have the chance to be featured in an article on HuffingtonPost.com. For an example of how these features look. Check out our recent #YourVoteYourVoice Election campaign.
Please keep the following in mind for your videos:
- Make sure you’re shooting in a well-lit, non-distracted environment.
- Keep the shots well-composed and in focus.
- Keep the video short. 1-2 minutes preferred.
- Keep the video focused on one theme. People will listen if you can speak focused and passionately.
- Take a unique approach. How is this personal to you? Why is this issue in particular something you’re passionate about?
- Do not use offensive or derogatory language. If used maliciously or recklessly, your video will not be considered for circulation.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a shout on Twitter.
— This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.